Monday, March 02, 2009

Update

I haven't been blogging lately. Jay has been very disappointed in me for not keeping up with the blog, but life has been crazy. Spencer spent the month of January suffering severely with migraine headaches. He only made it through 5 full days of school in the month of January. We fell way behind trying to help Spencer through that time. He started an antidepressant medicine four weeks ago and has not had a single headache since. We are so very thankful that he is doing better. Not to mention the medicine has also brought back the Spencer that we haven't seen in a very long time. The difference is amazing and wonderful. He is so happy and talkative and fun. Big thankful on that front.

Jay began sea work at the end of January. February he was in and out every other week. The ship came out of the shipyard and is now based in Little Creek. The best part of this is that the children and I can go and see Jay on the ship sometimes. Nathan really loves to go to the ship. In March Jay will be out three weeks, in one.

Our favorite thing this past month was the few really warm days that we had. We were able to get several great playground days in during February. Now we are all waiting for spring. Bring it on.

2 comments:

Sharon Fairbourn and family said...

That's rough I am glad the medication is helping. I hope the problem is solved. You are still one of the most amazing mom's and wife's that I know you keep up with so much and are so supportive. Good Luck with sea duty I wish I was closer to help out;

Emma Jo said...

I am so sorry that your boy was in so much pain but I am so happy to hear that all is well...except for the sea work part. Misery loves company, call anytime.
(I know you are not really miserable, but you know what I mean.)