Monday, March 02, 2009

Doing the Charleston


Jay had a port visit this weekend in Charleston, SC and my parents wonderfully agreed to take care of the children for me to come down to Charleston for a little vacation. Jay and I had a great time driving all over town reminiscing. We went to the Naval Weapon's Station and visited Charlie who is big as ever. Also there were two smaller alligators in the water inside his fence. We drove down Hickory Hall Lane and over to Keklico remembering all of our friends from our year in Charleston. We had lunch at Hyman's seafood and dinner at T-Bonz and Kaminsky's. One of the things that we reminisced about was when we passed the Outback Steakhouse and Jay reminded me of our going to dinner with two other couples and how everyone changed their drink orders after I ordered Dr. Pepper. You know who you are.

Charleston was a fabulous year and we are still friends with so many people from that year. I swore I wouldn't have any friends in Charleston, but I don't think I have ever had so many friends in one place. We had a great time this weekend. I am so grateful for a great vacation.

2 comments:

Sharon Fairbourn and family said...

I am so jealous. I have been seriously missing Charleston lately. I told Rick he needs to save up enough frequent flyer miles for us to back.

Emma Jo said...

It was truly a special time indeed. And since that night at Outback, my life has never been the same.
I love thinking about Charleston...such good times.