Monday, March 16, 2009

Blog depression

I have been feeling a little bit blog of depression lately. I don't have any pictures of anything we are doing and I certainly don't feel witty. I'm not depressed and I am very thankful, but I am just not feeling creative and I hate to write a boring blog knowingly.
Under things that I am thankful for, my trip to SC two weeks ago would be a big one. I really needed that vacation. Sadly after the week I just had I really need another one. My big thankful for the week is a little bit wrong. I am so very thankful that Jay has 14 days off. The problem is that he has 14 days off because he had his appendix removed. I would love to take a picture of him all laid out sleeping, but it seems unkind.
Jay started not feeling good on Monday after lunch, but just kept pushing on. Monday night I suggested that he go to the ER and get checked out because I was suspecting appendix. He couldn't do that because he said that after spending hours in the ER he wouldn't be fit for duty the next day so he did nothing. Tuesday morning he had a slight fever and went into work, but was sent on to the Portsmouth Naval Hospital by mid morning. It was his appendix and Tuesday night they operated. He came home Wednesday afternoon.
Wednesday night Nathan got an ear infection and had massive throwing up followed by Friday in the wee hours of the morning Sarah starting the throwing up and she is still not quite right.
I am so very glad that Jay's surgery went well and in spite of all he had to go through I am deliriously happy that he will be home with us for another 8 days.

3 comments:

Jessica Jane said...

I'm so glad Jay is ok and that all went well.

Even if you don't feel creative or witty I think you are.

I'd love some pictures of Spring or what your kids wil wear to church for Easter. It snowed yesterday--no signs of the Easter Bunny here.

RCH said...

I know that feeling! I love talking about myself (and/or my girls) way too much, but sometimes I just don't feel like I have anything to say (or the right way to say it). Bleh! But I'm glad you blogged.

Also, thank goodness Jay is doing better! Appendicitis can be scary stuff. Here's to an easy recovery! {{{HUGS}}}

Emma Jo said...

Oh my goodness. I think I need to go call you right now but would hate to disturb your tired out family. To call or not to call? I think I will risk bugging you.