Monday, March 30, 2009

Yummy Trees

The Bradford Pear trees are in bloom here. Actually they are almost finished blooming. On Friday we were driving down the road giving the Sister Missionaries a ride when Nathan points out the beautiful trees and tells one of the sisters, "See, Yummy Trees!" At first we were all confused but after a couple of seconds we figured out he was talking about popcorn trees. One of the sisters said that she had never realized what that song really meant until she came here on her mission and saw the "popcorn trees" in bloom. Nathan has regularly called them popcorn trees, but yummy trees was something new. We love yummy trees.
I looked out the window and what did I see?
Popcorn popping on the apricot tree.
Spring has brought me such a nice surprise!
Popcorn popping right before my eyes.
I can take a handful and make a treat.
A popcorn ball that smells so sweet.
It wasn't really so, but it seemed to be
Popcorn popping on the apricot tree.

8 comments:

Emma Jo said...

Yummy indeed...I really didn't need to be craving popcorn this time of night. I feel like I am missing Spring...send it up this way!

Joy Jenkins said...

That is cool and funny!! That is what our trees look like in our front yard too!!!!

Mandee said...

I miss those popcorn trees! Great family photo by the way!

Emily said...

I love what kids come up with! Glad to hear your stories:)

Lori said...

I miss the yummy trees-in fact I would take any tree!

Carolyn, Chad, Jer, Jesi, Coy, KK and Nanna said...

That is awesome!! I love the pic of your kids! They are so beautiful! What a great bunch of smiles!

Valerie said...

Been thinking about you lately, so I thought I'd check up on you. =) But your blog hasn't changed in a while! That's okay. But I still wanted you to know I was thinking about you!!!

Sharon Fairbourn and family said...

I was just wondering if you were doing okay. It's perfectly okay not to blog, but i just wanted to make sure things were rolling smoothly at your house. Or at least as smooth as possible with four kids and a husaband.