Monday, June 23, 2008

Gratitude Weekly - Growing up

It keeps happening. My children keep growing up.
Alex is leaving tomorrow morning for scout camp. He will be gone for 6 days. Okay that is an exaggeration, he will be gone five days and a few hours. There is a chance of rain 3 days he will be gone. It is going to be hot there. He will be in charge of remembering to brush his teeth without me to double check on it. There is a chance that he won't brush his teeth all week. I know I sound a little crazy here but there is a reason people call me bossy and controlling, it is because I have trouble letting go of the little details. Camp will be a great thing for him and hopefully I will grow up a little bit too.
As if Alex growing up isn't enough the baby has the nerve to grow and change every day too. This child would cry every time we drove into the parking lot at church for a year. He thought we were out of our minds if we thought he was going to go nursery. We didn't even come close to getting him to let us leave him anywhere, he had the worse attachment difficulties I have ever seen. Then it all changed. Today he ran to nursery and waited at the door until I got there to let him in, then he waved goodbye to me. What happened to my clingy baby? I love that we don't have tears, but does everyone have to grow up at once.
I am so proud of those two boy and of the other boy and his sister. I love every stage and I miss them when they pass. The only solution I can see is that I am going to have to grow up too. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

RCH said...

Awwwww! {{{HUGS}}}

Emma Jo said...

Growing up is not so bad...let me know what it's like so I can decide if I want to do it too.