Friday, June 06, 2008

Bone Marrow Update

As I posted earlier, I was the best possible match to donate bone marrow for a lady with leukemia. I went to Georgetown University had a physical, interviews and other things and everything came back good. Unfortunately, I have a questionable history that looks a great deal like autoimmune disease. Because of the previous problems that I have had with my legs they believe the surgery would be to much of a risk to my permanent health. If they can find another suitable match then I will not give. If they can't they may call me and discuss the risks again and give me another chance.
I was very disappointed to be deferred, but everything happens for a reason. My best wishes and prayers go out to the lady in need of a transplant.
I would encourage anyone who has considered getting on the bone marrow donor list to check it out. Here is there website.
http://www.marrow.org/

No comments: