Monday, June 09, 2008

Gratitude Weekly - Dance

Sarah completed her third year of dance this weekend. It is her second year at her present dance studio and it was a terrific year. She took ballet, tap and jazz and performed a ballet routine and a jazz routine in her dance recital. As a very proud mother I must say with as little bias as possible, she was fabulous. She knew her dances very well and had no stage fright this year. Last year she was a little nervous. She has developed a great deal of grace over the last year and I am very thankful that she not only takes dance, but that she really loves it.
I love to dance. After the children go to bed at night I frequently dance around the kitchen while cleaning up and dance up and down the hallway. I always dreamed of a daughter that would enjoy dancing, but I didn't count on it. I am beyond trilled that Sarah is enjoying dance. She had a great time and wonderful teachers. To top it all off Sarah showed great gratitude herself this weekend in telling me frequently how much she appreciated my help with taking her to dance and preparing her for the recital.

Photos by http://www.carolehayes.com/

5 comments:

Angie said...

I am looking forward to that with Rowyn. I never thought the day would come though.

Emily said...

she is growing up so beautifully...wish we were there to clap along with you...

Emma Jo said...

What sweet kids you have...its not really surprising. We think about you guys a lot!! I'm glad that you are still counting your blessings an being grateful. Love you!

Valerie said...

I'm just waiting to hear how much she loves choir too!

Mandee said...

She is adorable. I hope Madelyn sticks with dancing.