Thursday, January 10, 2008

Weight Watchers

I have officially given up and I am getting help. I went to weight watchers yesterday. When I weighed in before deciding to join I weighed 1 pound more than I weighed the day Sarah was born. That is an all time high for me. So I gave them my money and promised to come back every week. After that I went for a walk and had a piece of birthday cake. I'm not perfect, but I am trying. Today, I ate salad at lunch and dinner. I ate other things at dinner too, but considering my dislike of salad and most things green, I am trying. For exercise today I took Nathan to gymnastics. That might not seem like exercise to most, but if you saw him trying to do all the climbing and jumping you would see my workout. He is probably over 40 lbs and doesn't jump yet so I am constantly lifting him and helping him jump. My upper body got a great workout.
On a side note, it was 72 degrees here today, if this is global warming sign me up.

3 comments:

RCH said...

I need to do this! I'm at my all-time high, too: 10 lbs over pre-pg with #3; 20 lbs over pre-pg with #1 and #2; 30 lbs heavier than when I got married; *50* lbs heavier than in college. YIKES. I don't want to let this get away from me, and end up so far gone that I never get healthy again.

I checked out the WW online program the other day, but got sticker shock. I think I'm gong to have to get over that. (And really, it's probably comparable to any other program, right? I've just never done this before.)

In other news, send that global warming my way! It's been snowing since just before Christmas Eve and I'm sick of it! :-P

Unknown said...

Hey little sis - I have been doing WW online for just over 2 months and it is going pretty well. I got thru the holidays without gaining (or loosing) but I got thru nonetheless. I wish I could motivate myself to exercise though - I have only done it 3 times. But like you said, "I'm trying." :-) ILY, Jen

Suebee said...

Thank you for the encouragement. It is going to take time, but I've got the time. I didn't gain this weight in a week, but it sure does seem like it.
Rach, if you decide to do some program let me know, I will support you and whine with you. You at least have a darling babies to show for your weight gain, I weighed less when I was pregnant with Nathan than I do now.
Jen, so great to have a comment from you. Let me know how things are in Maryland. Hope to see you soon.