Monday, January 28, 2008

Alex's Faith in God

Alex after receiving the Arrow of Light award in Webelos. He also received the Religious Knot and an award for completing all 20 achievements in Webelos.


I am thankful tonight that Alex has completed almost all of the requirements for him to receive his Faith in God award in June when he turns 12. He has lost his Faith in God book twice during his four years while working on it. Neither time was it his fault that the book was lost, both times he gave it to an adult and it was not returned. Tonight we sat down and went through a new book and he could recall and tell me about all the different things he had done. He remembered them, and when they happened and most importantly each activity seemed to mean something to him. He has two more activities to do and he needs to finish up his Preparing for the Priesthood section then he will be finished. I am very pleased with him and he is pleased with himself. I am thankful that the Lord blessed me with a child who has such a great understanding of his purpose in life.

2 comments:

Mandee said...

Good parenting plays a large role, at least that is what I suspect. Congrat's Alex, that is a great accomplishment!

Emma Jo said...

You're good...I knew you would find something to be grateful for...you just needed the kids in bed for a while to collect your thoughts.