Friday, May 30, 2008

Exercise is bad for you

First thing on the agenda when Jay leaves is to lose weight and get in shape so that I will look good when he comes home. He does the same thing with usually awesome results. I do this every time with pretty good success and then he comes home and we eat out a bunch to celebrate and it all goes down hill again. So I am taking the moderation idea this time. I am cutting back on fast food BIG TIME. And I am going to start walking. Yesterday with all good intentions I put the baby down for a nap and began a leisurely stroll on the treadmill for 30 minutes. Nothing to hard right. Remember that I was out of commission for three months with leg problems. Only problem with this is that I didn't really have any good walking shoes so I used an old pair that should have been retired long ago. Last night my knee blew up like a balloon. Don't worry I am doing some better today and in a few days I hope to be ready to try again.
I bought new shoes today, but I do think exercise is just bad for you.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Oh, yeah. I think someone should write a book with the same title as your blog. =) Take it easy, Susan. You need some low impact exercises. My knees hate extra work, too. Let me know if you need any ideas, but I warn you that for the last couple of years my only exercise is keeping up with four kids! My extra-long flight of stairs has been a big help. . .

Kristin said...

I totally agree with you! My postpartum exercise regime - Dance Dance Revolution. I thought about pilates, but Libby climbs on me. DDR is something she cane play, too.

I hate that John can do something like cut out sweets and then lose 35 lbs in 4 months. Loser.