Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Bye, Bye Daddy


Jay is gone now. We had to take him to the airport and ship him off to his ship. Already you might say, that is what we said too. We thought that we were going to have 6 weeks with him, but it ran down to 3 1/2. Don't worry, we are going to be okay. Nathan was fine when I showed him that I had Doritos. They are like a drug to him. The boys were like me resolute. We have done this so much that it isn't easy, but we know it must be done. Sarah was a basket case. She is finally asleep, but it was rough getting there.
Jay will be gone until mid fall. I would love to say where he is and what he is doing but that wouldn't be safe. I can say that his ship is the USS Oak Hill (LSD 51). He will be the Officer in charge of Operations.
We had the BEST time while he was home. There is nothing like having the family all together.

5 comments:

K2 said...

I hope the time flies! Prayers for you from Atlanta.

(In case you're wondering who the heck this is..its Kathryn Kieffer..RCH's friend from High school.)

Valerie said...

Already??!! Oh, Susan, just think of the blessings that must be piling up for your family in heaven! Keep us updated!

Heidi said...

You are a strong woman! I can't believe he had to leave again so soon! I'll be praying for your family.

Mandee said...

I'm with Valerie...ALREADY???? That just can't be! Just know someone in Rexburg is praying for you and your family.

Suebee said...

Thanks for all the support. Prayers are the best support of all.