Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Gratitude Weekly - Week 2

This past week we spent dealing with illness. Spencer has been having chronic migraines. When I say chronic I mean he had one everyday except one for 10 days. Then he spiked a high fever for three days and the headaches stopped. Sarah has also had an ear infection for over a week and now Nathan has a fever. Those are not the things that I am thankful. What I am thankful for are for doctors and nurses who study and train and research and learn to help us all be healthier. I would say that I am very unsatisfied with how hard it is for us to obtain care for our family due to the way our medical care is set up, but I am thankful to those who provide us care when we finally get seen. There is nothing like a smiling caring face who wants to help when you feel awful.

No comments: