Monday, July 14, 2008

Gratitude Weekly - One week late

Last week I missed writing, but I am no less grateful for our country's birthday this week than I was last week. Here is a quick quote from my husband about the 4th of July. He wrote this on July 3rd, "Tomorrow I have duty. It isn’t the best way to celebrate Independence Day, but it is quite appropriate. The Declaration of Independence was an act of war. I stand now to defend all that that document and the Constitution stand for. I don’t mind; I love my country and my job. I love my family! They are all worth fighting for." In speaking of his shipmates Jay said, "I realized that these people have sacrificed so much for people who have never met them. What a good group of people. I am proud to serve with them."
I am very proud to be his wife and I am grateful to live in this country and support those who protect us and keep us safe daily.

No comments: