Monday, July 21, 2008

Gratitude Weekly - Family Home Evening

I am grateful for the blessings that come from having Family Home Evening. Most of the time when Jay is gone it seems to be too overwhelming to me to try to have FHE. Evenings with my children is not my strong time. With children I am better with mornings than evenings. I have a tendency to have a short temper in the evenings and it seems wrong to snap and fuss and sometimes even yell during FHE. Lately we have been making more of an effort to hold our FHEs every week. The children are older now able to help more and appreciate the attention of family time more. I love the way the family feels the Spirit when we sit down together and sing songs and have a lesson that relates to our daily needs. Every week I think how much easier it would be to just watch a movie as a family and call it good, but when we go to the extra effort of having a lesson the feeling of happiness that we have as a family is increase by so much that I am beginning to realize that we just can't afford to not have FHE. We are blessed as a family for having FHE and even more we are blessed to have church leaders who know our needs and can council us with what will help our family grow strong.

2 comments:

Mandee said...

I love reading your blog, it always makes me feel so good and inspires me to do better at things.

Emma Jo said...

You guys are so great...and you are doing fantastic. I'm sorry we never reconnected the other day. CONGRATS to you and Jay on his promotion! You really are doing great!!!