Monday, July 14, 2008

Gratitude Weekly - Jill

This past week we returned my niece Jill to her family. Sarah cried most of the way home from Kentucky. Jill was with us for two weeks and we loved having her here. She took so much stress off of my shoulders. Just having another person in the house was great. We stayed up late girl talking and played all day. She cleaned my kitchen every evening without being asked or complaining. In fact I don't think she whined or complained once the whole time she was here. It was so much fun having her here and so much of a relief for me. I wish we could keep her, but it is back to the real world now. I am so very thankful for the time we had with Jill and I hope she can come back again soon.

3 comments:

Emma Jo said...

Sounds like a fun visit--and I love Jay's quotes in your last post. It made me all tingly onside!

Mandee said...

I agree with Emily...I loved what Jay had to say in your last post and made me grateful for the sacrifcices you and so many more like you and Jay make on a daily basis, thank you for sharing that.

Emily said...

i love jill, too! i loved when i stayed with jennie and james for 2 weeks (although it was under sad circumstances when jennie got so sick)she was so awesome. a great teenage girl and i hope to have one just like her some day:) i am so glad she could come stay with you... i wish we could make the same trip! everyone lives so far apart, i really hate it. i have been thinking of you and jay a lot lately and your family's sacrifice. thank you so much for your service to our country. we love you suebee!!!!