Friday, March 14, 2008

Domestic Goddess

Today, I was plunging the toilet, (isn't that a great way to start a blog) when Sarah comes in the bathroom and stops to watch me work. She is making faces and I thought that was bad, but then she started to express her views. Here they are.

*THAT is the most disgusting thing I have every seen.
*I am never doing THAT when I grow up.
*When I grow up my husband is going to do THAT so that I don't ever have to.
*If my husband is at work THAT is the only time I would ever do THAT.
*I am going to marry one of those husbands who works at home so that if THAT ever happens I don't have to do IT because IT is disgusting.

I am doing something wrong?

3 comments:

Valerie said...

She's already a teenager!!! Except that a teenager knows when to walk away. . .

When I was growing up, every time one of us kids complained about some house-keeping, my mom would say, "Oh, it sounds like you need some practice!" and then we would be doing it. I've just noticed that I've started doing that with my kids too.

Your daughter is hilarious!

RCH said...

What? I think it just proves you're raising a very bright girl, lol! A willingness to clean toilets is a good quality to look for in a mate. ;-)

I do like Valerie's (or her mom's) comeback, though! I'll have to tuck that one away in my own arsenal....

Kristin said...

I agree with Sarah!