Monday, February 11, 2008

My Friend Kara

Today I have to say that I am very thankful for my friend Kara. We met in Charleston, but didn't know each other well there. Since she has moved to Virginia it has been great getting to know her better. I teach her daughter Rachel in my Valiant 9 class, she and Spencer get along well. But back to Kara, she is such a generous person who gives until it hurts. Kara is Spencer's Wolf leader and is great with the children. Several times she has substituted for me in my Primary class. This week while her husband was out of town she brought me dinner. It was so nice of her to go out of her way for us and it was the best meal we had all week. The children loved it and we saved leftovers for Jay and we all enjoyed the meal over again. Today Jay texted me at church to let me know he was at home throwing up and needed help with Nathan who was also at home sick. Kara, again, came through for me and taught my class at the last minute. She is a great person and a great friend and I am very grateful for her friendship.

2 comments:

Mandee said...

Good friends are the best. I don't think I could get along in this world without them.

Emma Jo said...

Friends can make all the difference...you know that you are like that too, right?