Monday, November 26, 2007

Silver Lining

We were planning a great trip to Kentucky for Thanksgiving. After having had a sick baby and myself being totally laid up for a day and a half that felt like a week, I dragged myself from the bed and began to pack for the trip. I accomplished miracles. I packed everything and left the house in decent order, better than before illness. We picked Jay up from the airport and were on our way. No real traffic for the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. We made it to the West side of Charlottesville, almost 3 hours from home when the baby threw up and we turned around and came home. It was very sad and many tears were shed, but there was a silver lining to this dark cloud. It is Sunday night now and our Christmas Tree is up, there is a pretty new wreath on the door, our furniture is rearranged and looks better than it has since we moved in, I have a new rug in the family room and those are just the obvious improvements. Now the baby still doesn't seem quite right and I still have an iffy stomach, but we accomplished much. Oh and not to forget, Jay and my dad completed the shingles on half of the garage. We did very well.

1 comment:

Emma Jo said...

That is so very sad but it warms me back up to think of Christmas in your home. Wish we were there to visit!