Sunday, August 28, 2011

England Baby

So I can't quite figure out where to start. I have tried to start writing everyday since we arrived. By the way, we arrived Saturday, August 20, 2011. Mother and Anna helped Jay and I pack the night before we left and believe me it was a big job.
Nathan, who woke up crying because he didn't want to fly in the big airplane, had a wonderful time on the big airplane. He also slept well and wanted to go again. Spencer had a little bit of motion sickness and then slept all the way from DC to London. Everyone else did great. Alex even got to sit by himself.
Once we arrived in London we took the bus from London to Portsmouth. It took a little bit of time to get to Portsmouth, but it was a really nice trip. Jay, Alex, Spencer, Nathan and Sarah all slept on the way to our new home.

Once we arrived in Portsmouth we checked into the Marriott hotel where we are having a lovely stay. The hotel has been really nice. We have adjoining rooms and there is a pool. We are enjoying a hot English breakfast in the mornings. For breakfast we have a choice of eggs, tomatoes and mushrooms, ham, large sausages, bacon, tatter tots and baked beans. There are also choices of fruit and yogurt, pastries, toast and cereal. There is more to report, but I'm trying to keep your attention so I don't want to give you too much at once. Cheers.

3 comments:

Sharon Fairbourn and family said...

I miss hearing the words "lovely" and "nice". I am so excited for you and glad that you made it.

Esperanza said...

Thanks for the update. Will looking forward to hearing about all your wonderful adventures in England. Miss you

Emma Jo said...

Go Susan Go!!! I love that you are blogging about your experience and love that you included details about food (I am totally into that.) And I love that you are in Portsmouth after leaving Portsmouth.
I am so excited for you and can't wait to hear more!!!