Monday, January 11, 2010

Gratitude Weekly 2 - My Birthday

My birthday was this past week and I am thankful for it. If I say that enough will you believe me. I am thankful to be alive and healthy, but sometimes it is just so hard to think I am growing older and with that should come some wisdom and maturity. I informed Jay that I was going to be 35 and that was a rough age for me to deal with so I needed lots of presents and to be Queen for the day or possibly week. He didn't go for the lots of presents thing, but he dubbed me Empress for the day because he thought I would enjoy ruling over multiple kingdoms. I did find that I didn't need the presents, spending the whole day with my husband was good enough for me. In 11 years in the Navy Jay has never missed my birthday. There is not another birthday or holiday he can say that about.
Also this week we ran away from home. My parents kept the children and Jay and I ran down to Raleigh for a friend's wedding. We had a wonderful time and are so grateful for our time together.

4 comments:

Sharon Fairbourn and family said...

Happy Birthday. You are an amazing woman. I am glad you had a great day and I hope you have an equally good week.

Emma Jo said...

You know, after being in the Navy, time together is the most heavenly sounding idea ever. And I like the "Empress for a day" much better than Queen. I'll have to pass that one along.

Valerie said...

Whoa. THREE posts since I've checked your blog! Welcome back to blogging. But I do enjoy your facebook updates too! Yay for Empress of the day! Sounds very fun.

We're on the same church schedule as you. Now I have a one year old who will be missing his naps. the good news is Sacrament meeting is first (and right after happy lunch time) and there is only one month left until he can go to nursery. =) Just glad I'm not the nursery leader this time around. . .

Roller Coaster said...

Happy birthday! Thanks for checking out my blog. I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts. Hopefully Tiffany will introduce us soon!