Monday, September 29, 2008

Gratitude Weekly - This week and last

Last weekend we had our friends the Francesconis come to visit us and we went to the airshow at Naval Station Oceana. An airshow is always a great way to spend a day. We got to meet their new baby boy and had a wonderful time hanging out and having fun.
This weekend in a continuation of our great weekend last week Gregory Scadden, Lauren's little brother, included us in the reading of his mission call. We listened in on speaker phone while he opened it and read it word for word. He is going to the Albania Triana Mission. (I think that is right.) We could feel the Holy Ghost so strongly while he read. Jay was also on another phone to hear it too. We are so grateful to have been included. There is nothing like hearing a mission call read for the first time.

2 comments:

Jessica Jane said...

My granparents opened that mission just after the cold ward ended. They served a humanitarian mission in the '90s there. They brought in the first Elders while they were there. My grandma had the Christmas hymns translated and they had the first Christmas program there in 50 years. What a cool mission to serve in.

Emma Jo said...

I love shoes, I love babies, I love mission calls and I love hubbies even when they are far away.