Saturday, November 25, 2006

Holiday Letter


Hello to all of our family and friends,
We missed writing to you last Christmas and are deeply sorry. We received a wonderful early Christmas present last year on December 13th. Nathan Patrick was born. Nathan is a well loved addition to the family. Everyone enjoys him so much. He laughs often and easily. As we approach his first birthday he still isn’t walking, though he wishes he were. We are trying to keep him a baby for as long as possible. It has been very hard having him grow up with his Daddy away from home for half of his life.
Jay deployed to Iraq for a year in June. It was a surprise for us. Jay was teaching up in Rhode Island, and we were enjoying what we thought would be three years of having him home with us. Jay is working for Future Operations at the US Embassy in the International Zone of Baghdad. We miss him very much, but we are thankful that he is safe and working hard for our country.
Because of Jay’s deployment the children and I didn’t feel the need to remain in Rhode Island for the year and have moved back to Virginia and into my childhood home with my parents. It is a wonderful opportunity for the children to have many more adults in their lives to help with the sadness that comes from Daddy being gone. We are grateful to have so many people looking out for us.
We hope that your holiday season is full of love and joy. We love and miss you all.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
Jay, Susan, Alexander, Spencer,
Sarah and Nathan Forsgren

2 comments:

Mandee said...

Wow, it was so nice to see your name pop up on my blogsite. I guess there was a good reason to do it after all! I am glad to hear all is well with your family, even with Jay being gone for such a long time. You are a good Navy wife! Stay in touch and I will do the same. Take care and I will talk to you soon.

Emma Jo said...

Oh, I am so happy that you are back. Look, I love Alex but I was tired of seeing that picture because it meant nothing new to read! And can I tell you how not surprised I am at your over-achiever-ness...I got your Christmas card yesterday. I miss your family!!